Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Keyword: Anxiety

We saw another house yesterday, and although we did like the house we still prefer the one we have an offer on...the short sale.

Anyway, I received an email this morning that began with "Your approved short sale file has been forwarded to our Settlement Department. You will be receiving calls periodically to follow up on the closing."

The psychological ups and downs involved in this process have not been fun at all, and continue to threaten my sanity.  Extreme highs and extreme lows.  For example, today started on an extreme low after it sunk in that this short sale seems to really be "the one" for us because we kinda thought that house yesterday would be something to consider.  Fairly depressing waking up realizing the rollercoaster ride continues for us. 

So, this morning went from an extreme low of feeling defeated and depressed to a high when that email came through (implying) that the approval is on its way.  Then, there's a reservation involved because you can't help but think..."yea...but is this serious this time??"  It's terribly confusing and frustrating.  And I cannot wait for this to be over.

Just a reminder: I am bloggin about this experience for a number of reasons.  I don't write these things down in this forum just to bitch about them...I could use a notbook for that.  It's therapeutic for me to write things down and reflect on them, but I do hope that our story will open eyes and be relevant (and helpful) to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment